Suitable for nurseries & broad acreage applications. Regen Vermiculite is a granulated smoke, developed to combat broad acreage application.
It is simular to Regen Germinator but has a far greater concentration of smoke compound which is excellent for larger production.
- Ideal as a bulking agent for seed stock.
- Excellent for hard to germinate seeds like Australian natives & exotic species.
- Offers rehabilitation efficiency for projects - bushland conservation & mining redevelopment.
- Excellent for Councils, parks, schools & highway revegatation.
- Reduction of costs involved with irrigation.
- Application can be directly to the soil or added to seed stock via a fertilizer.
- Can be used in aqua seeding operations - highway projects for banks and median strips.
Refer to usage rates below
The ground breaking news that smoke could have amazing effect on breaking dormancy and increasing seed germination of many species, originated in South Africa following the discovery that smoke stimulated the germinationof a rare South African plant - 'Audouinia Capitata'.
This has developed the exploration of the benefits of meditated germination and, has expanded to different continents and has been applied in nurseries, land management and rare and exotic flora conservation.
Smoke germination has played its role in Australia. Research in Australia has shown that smoke is a key principle in breaking seed dormancy in a wide variety native Australian species.
Australian trials began in Western Australia at Kings Park, which now specializes in conservation and restoration of native species and ecosystems.
The Science Directorate within the Bontanic Gardens and Parks Authoriy of Kings Park is renowned for its world class research and scientific works, specializing in conservation and restoration of native species and ecosystems. The directorate is categorized into specific scientific areas including restoration ecology, seed science, conservation genetics, propergation science and orchid science, which are supported by many accredited reserch scientists and students.
Post mining restoration has been implemented by Alcoa's Western Australia bauxite mining operation with in the Jarrah Forest. Approximately 600 hectacres are mined and rehabilitated each year.
There has been an outstading result for post mining rehabilitation of the Jarrah Forest species from the nursery and field application of smoke.
There has been an outstanding result for post minig rehabilitation of Jarrah Forest species from the nursery field application smoke.
Growing interest is now increasing within nurseries, mining companies, councils and a wide variety of organizations including conservation to improve, revegetation and rehabilitation practices.
Regen Vermiculite is a granulated smoke, and was developed to combat the logistics issues with the broard acreage application of smoke technology. It is has a greater concentration of smoke compound than Regen Germinator.
Application can be via addition to fertilizer through a spreader, manual feeding or direct to seedlings, along with aqua seeding process.
It can be applied to degraded bushland and mining soil without irrigation as it will release during rainfall.
Application of 7.5gm Regen Vermiculite to 1 sqwuare metre (75kg ti 1 hectacre).
The maximum application rate is 15mg Regen Vermiculite to 1 square metre (150kg to 1 hectacre).
Assists germination in difficult or hard to germinate species - natives & exotic with excellent outcomes.
- Improved seedling propergation in nurseries - accelerated plant growth.
- Wildflower farming - producing of new & exciting species.
- Growing of native flowers & foliage - smoke responsive plants giving outstanding results.
- Conservation of endangered plant species - saving our flora.
- Seed trial with dormant and difficult to germinate plants - for growth & development.
- 100% organic - Working with Nature.
- Adaptable to suit the environmental changes & conditions experienced throughout our unique country.
- Fungicidal tool in hydro mulch & other forms of aqua seeding - versitile to different applications.
- Efficient use of our nationsl seed bank - acheiving remarkable results.
- Revegetation of mining & quarry sites - amazing outcomes to keep our environment alive.
- Landcare, forestry, plantation & bushland management - a new approach with successful results.
- Easy to use - acheiving cost effectiveness.