The ASC system utilising a specially developed reaction process combined with a proprietry blended solution reduces the rate of conversion, effectively allowing longer processing period in line with our slow release chlorine dioxide technology.
ASC is an in-line, antimicrobial food surface treatment for the red meat, poultry and seafood industries. It can be used at multiple intervention points, so it breaks the contamination cycle without interrupting plant operations. ASC also significantly reduces the number of spoilage micro-organisms on food surfaces, which helps extend shelf life.
ASC has a huge range of applications, as it provides biosecurity against harmful micro-organisms such as E. coli, Salmonella and Listeria. Trial work conducted in conjunction with Meat & Livestock Australia and Food Science Australia has concluded up to a 4log10 reduction in E. coli and total plate count (TPC), with no detectable residual chlorite. As a result, ASC is classified by FSANZ as a processing aid.
The ASC integrated slow release chlorine dioxide system is ideal for:
- Red meat
- Processed poultry
The key benefits of ASC are:
- Longer shelf life of products
- 2–4log10 reduction of TPC
- 99.99% kill rate on inoculated E. coli O157:H7
- Approved as a processing aid in food manufacture
- No residual chlorite, and does not form chlorinated by-products, including THMs
- No toxicity to personnel and employees at recommended usage levels
- Biodegradable and safe for the environment
- Negligible corrosivity at recommended dosage rates
- Micro-organisms are unable to develop resistance.
ASC effectively controls the following food-borne pathogens: